Pages

Monday 8 February 2016

Reversion Anniversary


Yesterday, 7 February, marked my 7th year as a revert.

I did not actively inform anyone after what happened in 2014 which hurt a lot. Since then, I have forgiven the aggressor and only ask Allah swt to forgive me for my smallness before Him. My heart has healed by letting go completely.

Surprisingly, some business partners happily wished me throughout the day so it was filled with a lot of positive thoughts and kindness. Syukur alhamdulillah for The A-Team!

Equally, some acquaintances who mistakenly thought I had forsaken my own roots for Islam came to know that my parents have passed away some time ago. Finally they understand why I do not have photos of my late parents with my children. No hard feelings, but it was awkward to think they presumed that for 7 years without asking me; and speculated their own mistaken conclusions. Malu bertanya sesat jalan, much. the irony on top of this incident is that they are the very people who told me in 2008/9 that if my intention to revert is sincere, it will be obvious in time to come. Best to leave the conversation hanging than provoking shame or embarrassment, I let it go too.

Syukur alhamdulillah for the journey so far. May Allah swt help me perfect my worship of Him. Please make my journey easy. Amin.

0 comments:

Post a Comment