Pages

Thursday 7 May 2015

Why 2 Rooms, Ma'am?

Quite a few people have asked me why a family the size of mine needs 2 rooms during holidays.

The sales team at Shangri-la Rasa Sayang Resort & Spa explained that we could easily fit in an extra bed for The Little Girl, and a cot for Bean.

I politely declined.

Then persistently requested for connecting rooms. It was good they did because we were very satisfied with this configuration.

This made putting The Little Girl to bed first a whole lot easier. She had her space for her quiet activities, reading or watching the telly without Bean disturbing or distracting her. 

The most obvious convenience is of course, having the additional bathroom during inconvenient times of both kids needing the throne at the same time. 

Synchronised clean up time would have been a nightmare in only one bathroom. For my family, that is.

Win-win situation. The hotel gets an additional room sale, my family is comfortable.

There is a back-story to the difference between 2 rooms and 2 connected rooms. 

We had once made an expensive boo boo at Avillion Port Dickson because the resort did not have connecting rooms at its garden wing and what was worse was that they failed to inform us beforehand. 

It was obviously too late to change hotels upon check-in. We were then made to pay extra for the usual water chalet we had stayed at on countless times prior to that visit. We had booked for 2 rooms with a special request for those rooms to be connecting rooms. They insisted 2 rooms and 2 connected rooms is NOT the same thing.

So I agreed with them. Technically and grammatically, they are right. I did not want to start a vacation with an argument with my host. 

What I do, is to try not to make the same mistake again.

For our next holiday this coming August, we have  paid for a 2-room family suite that comes with a spacious bathroom at Cameron Highlands Resort by YTL. I hope and pray by spacious they mean the four of us can perform bathroom gymnastics - one of us can fit into the bath tub, another one can use the shower cubicle, with another one brushing teeth at the sink with the last one still standing ready with a towel and not bruised from the many pairs of elbows around.

Wish me luck!

P/S: If you have any reliable direct contacts with organic farmers in Cameron Highlands (other than COP) please share them with me. Thank you in advance!


2 comments:

  1. Salam Hampshire Mummy,

    "and not bruised from the many pairs of elbows around" that cracked me up. I honestly love your writing. I hope that I can improve my writing. Mine is so lame. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Salam Puan L,

      Please excuse my tardy reply here! I thought I did hit publish but obviously did not, yikes!

      Thank you for your compliment - I am glad it brings you some cheer.

      Love to you and yours. Wasalam.

      Delete