Pages

Tuesday 5 May 2015

Lock&Lock


Pins and brooches.



Snap close et voilà. 

I would then slip my Lock&Lock "Tupperware" into my luggage/over-nighter. I have travelled with this as checked-in luggage without any troubles, and in sha Allah will not have troubles in future too.

In order to prevent creasing up of light chiffon scarves (too fragile to iron) and instant slip-on scarves with "awnings", I place them rolled into rectangular shaped Lock&Lock too. Very useful as they arrive creaseless and ready to wear.

When I am in the mood and have time to spare, a little sachet of potpourri is included into the "Tupperware" to keep those scarves smelling fresh. 

An original idea first handed-down to me by my dear MIL. I guess we are both OCD in our own ways. 

(I also keep The Other Half's battery operated shaver in a small rectangle Lock&Lock case. In case his shavings spill during transit, they are all held together in a case and not all over our luggage!)

How do you travel with your hijab pins, brooches and scarves? Please do share!

3 comments:

  1. Salam Hampshire Mummy,

    I'm a hopeless lazywhen it comes to packing hijabs :p Always choose something that does not require any ironing and does not crease easily..usually in black, brown or dark blue hahaha.

    Those are neat looking flower brooches!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Salam Puan L,

      Please excuse my tardy reply. I almost missed this lovely comment from you.

      I was lazy for 4 years and browsing throwback photos made me realise that I need to work on coordinating my outfit. Now I swear by capsule wardrobe and monotones when travelling *late bloomer*

      Delete
  2. Thanks a lot for the tips!!

    ReplyDelete