Pages

Monday 18 May 2015

Juicing


Photo of my carrot-grapefruit juice and "ancient" copy of recipe

There is another bottle of green juice for breakfast tomorrow, I can barely wait to down the parsley-celery instead of my usual coffee. Please do not ask me why I have been so bad to my body by feeding it coffee first thing in the morning! Sleepiness?! Of late, I cannot even swallow coffee first thing in the morning without nausea. Water, water, water please.

Next week, I move on to 3 fruits/vegetables. It is tastier with 3 so I am gleefully anticipating it. The Other Half  just hopes our juicer can survive this year,  as we are "heavy-duty" home users. 

In order to encourage Bean and The Little Girl, I plan to make them a "loyalty card" so every time they drink one of my home concoction, they will earn a stamp. The end reward after 10 juices is a slice of home-baked banana cake. It is going to be so easy for them to score because they love juices (alas, more than water!).

**Start of digression**

Time of the year for me to juice again, yes. Of course you may juice at any time of the year as you wish. It is just that I feel extra dehydrated just before fasting starts and listen to my body I must. 

I respond to that physical thirst with juicing as much as I can. Then feed my thirst for soulful renewal and rejuvenation by returning to the sacred pages of the Al-Quran.

May Allah swt grant us another Ramadhan. Amin.

**End of digression**

Are you juicing too, my lovelies? What is your favourite fruit/vegetable combination? Please do share!

4 comments:

  1. Salam dear. Love the idea of the stamps, maybe I should implement the same with my boys. They need a bit of 'encouragement' to brave the green juices. The 3 fruits and vegetable juice sounds delish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Salam Puan Liz,

      I cannot wait to see your personalised and customised juice loyalty cards for Aiden and Ian!

      Xoxo

      Delete
  2. Salam Hampshire Mummy,

    Care to share which juicer are you using?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Salam Puan L,

      Kuvings. Eyeing the Hurom for spare!

      Delete