Pages

Friday 13 March 2015

Malaysian Rate at Shangri-la Rasa Sayang Resort & Spa, Penang

It is a fact I love booking for hotel rooms via Agoda. Convenient, options, great discounts, awesome loyalty programme, secure payment, immediate confirmation, no cancellation fee deals, insider deals, you name it I like it!

It is also a fact that every April is our annual visit to Pearl of the Orient/work/leisure/balik kampung trip. We try to stay for as long as possible for the children to enjoy some sand, beach, and fresh air. They just love it there and a whole week can pass just bumming around at the beach and pool.

Put the two together and you will think I will book our annual rooms at our home away from home with Agoda, right?

Yes. True for many years. 

Until...

...I found out last year that as a Malaysian, I have to only pay a (much) lower local rate instead of the "international rate" best deal we have been getting via Agoda!

Oh, well. Live and learn.

This year, I am going to wise up and stretch my RM by calling to book directly. Wish me luck!


An update as of 14 March 2015: Agoda is the lowest offer in town! I redeemed my points, put in all my special requests and got ourselves a great bargain insider deal! Alhamdulillah. Now let's pray I get all my special requests met by hotel!

I love the avoidance of doubt factor with Agoda. The deals are transparent, up front and immediate. No dropped calls, delayed email, or human ineffectiveness. Bless!

(A further update as of 20 March 2015: This year, I have just been quoted RM1200 per night add 10% Service Charge, add 6% GST, add RM3 per visitor to Penang as imposed by the State Government for one Terrace Junior Suite which comes with one king size bed and twin beds including daily breakfast for 2 adults. However, the offer came a little too late so we will keep this option in view for our next visit.)

P/S: Ambition for this trip - spa! It has not been possible for too many years I am about to just wing it. In sha Allah. Spa.

2 comments:

  1. Salam Hampshire Mummy,

    Spa.... *dreamy eyes* just what I need too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Salam Puan L,

      No Malaysian rate for spa, add GST. I sure can dream *dreamy eyes*

      Delete