Pages

Sunday 4 January 2015

Sunday Blues

Don't be blue, be thankful that you have a job to go to tomorrow.

Think of the lovely outfit and accessories, me-time during the commute/drive, potentially challenging tasks that will bring you to your next milestone or career high, scrumptious back-to-work lunch gathering, tea gossips of lovely holidays last December and jolly colleagues.

Please pardon my fluffy post. 

That is my cover for first day jitters of sending my firstborn to Big School tomorrow. It feels like she has been around forever and is only going to Big School? Not university? *insert nervous laughter*

I have yet to label/wrap/pack her books! I had almost the entire December to do it but I procrastinated/got distracted and now live to scamper late on eve of first day at Big School. I should be scolding myself for being so ineffective, inefficient, etc but I guess I had better spend whatever little time left before waking up time to get my act together. 

By getting my act together, I mean lugging the entire lot of books into my car boot first thing tomorrow so I won't have to miss a single book out if we need any during orientation. Loser mum disguised as a kiasu mum, oh dear me.

The dining hall had timely published the menu but I am not able to view it because my access which had been working just fine all along got into a little situation of wrong username and password. Now I don't know if lunch will be served tomorrow...so it may be a good idea to bring a bottle of water and a piece of vanilla bun along, just in case?

Well, wish me luck! 

A mild depression which traditionally hits me every December made its ugly annual appearance and I confess it got the better of my preparation for commencement of school. I promise to get my act together, especially now that we are well into January. I sincerely pray I won't have to wait until after my birthday in February to feel like I have ushered in the new year. 

Bean has a wellness check-up concurrent with The Little Girl's Orientation Day so I wish I can clone myself and be at two places simultaneously. The reality is The Other Half will take Bean *insert mummy guilt* no wonder my mild depression is turning into something else (let's not make a mountain out of a molehill argument going on in my head). Let's just be thankful that The Other Half is able to take Bean to see his busy, always full of appointments but wonderfully-gifted and skilful paed. 

Chill pill for me. I need to chase my Sunday blues away. 

Happy return to the grind, my lovelies! May 2015 be a fruitful and fulfilling year for you and I, Amin! Goodnight.

0 comments:

Post a Comment