Pages

Wednesday 3 December 2014

Gratitude: Shoes

Today, I am thankful for a new pair of stacked wedges in nude. 

Why be thankful for something that costs only RM399 per pair? 

Because The Other Half bought it as a present to me.

After a 3 month search.

After comparing quality.

After comparing prices.

After comparing brands.

My size is 6.5 so not all brands carry my size. Even if they do, my choice pair is usually out of stock. That was why I ended up buying designer shoes when I was working full time in an office, largely due to lack of time/opportunity to try on shoes or wait for a sale. Back then, I bought what I needed and often in three colours all at once (black, navy, cream being the usual suspects) from duty free stores en route meetings/seminars.

Admittedly, working from home and earning less alters my budget - but not my style (if I have any to begin with!).

Syukur alhamdulillah for little thoughtful gifts. 

Syukur alhamdulillah for another pending offer from The Other Half to replace my standard issue black court shoes. I shall think it over for another night before purchasing a pair. If it is meant to be, it will still be there. Maybe The Other Half is right, buy before GST sets in. 

What are your favourite shoes like, my lovelies? Do you wait for the sale? Do you buy them online? Please do share!


2 comments:

  1. Pre-kids, I was the lover of skyscrapers shoes. Now I'm a Fitflop Mommy.. how the "mighty and tall" has fallen.. The silver lining is that the flatties are somewhat cheaper.. I buy them as the need arise.. I don't have the luxury of chasing the sales, what with chasing after 3 cheeky monkeys..

    -JH-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear JH,

    Shoe lovers unite, Fitflops or otherwise. I confess the comfort of Fitflops, and they are getting stylish too. I live in them still, for school runs.

    Skyscraper, LOL!!

    ReplyDelete