Pages

Tuesday 9 December 2014

Coconut Ladoo

The Little Girl brought home this simple no-bake recipe from Playschool the week preceding Deepavali and had wished to "bake" this with me. However, we couldn't find the simple ingredients until today!

Armed with a can of condensed milk and dessicated coconut, we set to work this evening.


1 can of condensed milk (not creamer, not evaporated milk!).

1.5 can of dessicated coconut (I used the empty condensed milk can to measure, to get the correct ratio and cut down items to wash up).

Mix well and heat over low heat for 2 minutes. 




Roll into ball when cool, coating with some dessicated coconut. We used about 0.5 can of dessicated coconut for coating.




Voila

Stores for about 2 days in the fridge, but I doubt it will last that long. Yields about 30 coconut ladoo balls. Tastes like...a non-chewy version of Turkish Delights. I think I will introduce some cashew nut flour into the next batch for a nutty twist.

Washing up was relatively easy, and guarantees a happy pre-schooler, in my household at least.

Bon appetit!







0 comments:

Post a Comment