Pages

Friday 6 June 2014

Home Sweet Home

My birthplace is Georgetown, Penang. However, I do not keep a "kampung house", so we put up at the hotel that welcomes us "home" whenever we revisit. 

Our home away from home is none other than Shangri-la Rasa Sayang Resort & Spa. This time, we did not even leave the hotel compound at all, other than the time The Other Half went for a meeting, and our little errand of dropping and collecting laundry from Dhoby Ghaut Laundrette nearby.

Here is what I had packed for my little family for our 13-18 April 2014, 6D/5N trip. I could have reduced the number of clothing even more as the launderette service was of overnight express quality.

It was our maiden return flight with Firefly and the convenience of Subang is really tempting me to fly more often to other destinations. However, the "market place" feel is not too relaxing for starting and ending holidays. 

I am getting on with age and used to my comfort zone as you may already suspect by now. If I could take a vacation without leaving home, I would!



Feel free to adjust the following packing list:

1. Bean

Ergobaby Carrier
Diapers
Day clothes
Shorts
Pyjamas
Diapers
Swim diapers
Bepanthen
Dry skin lotion
Bath oil
Foldable bath tub
Some nappies
Blanket
Orregel
Spiffies
Toys
Books
Spoons

2. The Little Girl 

Day clothes
Undies
Pyjamas 
Swim suits
Mini kick boards
Slippers
Goats milk powder
Scoop
Mixing bowl
Bottles
Bottle brush
Washing liquid
Toothbrush
Lego
Books
Cutlery

3. The Other Half

Day clothes
Pyjamas
Swim shorts
Slippers
Shoes
Socks
Briefs
Shaver
Toothbrush
Phone chargers
Camera
Camera chargers

4. Mine 

Day clothes
Bras
Undies
Pyjamas 
Swim wear
Slippers
Shoes
Skin care
Toothbrush
Tooth paste
Sunglasses
Sun hat
Beach bag
Hair dryer

Hair dryer? Yes! We spent so much time at the pool and required drying up so often I am glad I brought my own and not risking burning/damaging my hair using the hotel fixed plug in version. 

I wish you a very happy holiday! Safe journeys and may your adventures enrich your lives.

0 comments:

Post a Comment