Pages

Wednesday 6 November 2013

Maal Hijrah 1435H

I make new year resolutions every Maal Hijrah instead of 1 January since reversion.
 
It has been some time since I last had a conversation with myself in my head. It is important that my heart and head communicate succinctly without the constant interruption of managing two children under 5 years old.

Tonight I have been given the perfect opportunity in resolving this. I have been given the gift of insomnia. The stirring and turning that keeps one to stay awake and pray. It is a vital follow-up step to pray after having my inner conversation with myself that I talk to my Maker.

It is the perfect Maal Hijrah gift and I thank His Almighty Allah s.w.t.

Well, my head has been busy with worldly affairs (the all important task of raising a family) and my heart has been aching (the desire to be a filial servant of Allah s.w.t.). Of course I realise that raising a Muslim family is part of being a filial servant to Him, but I feel like I have been back sliding as a Muslimah myself.

Perhaps this new year calls for a new faith resolution in improving myself in my fardhu ain and fardhu kifayah, both directly and indirectly, consistently. Steadfastly. Not easy but every small step will count.

My sincere supplication is that Allah s.w.t. will open His Bounty and allow me time to improve myself, separate my chaff from my grain. In being a better Muslimah as my core, I can be a better wife, mother, family member and friend. A more responsible citizen of earth. A person whose mission point toward Jannah. Less of the world and its decoration.

My wish to you is that may the new hijrah year be filled with ease for your hijrah from your own darkness to His Nur. Stay blessed, my lovelies.

0 comments:

Post a Comment