Pages

Wednesday 24 October 2012

Faith Wishlist

Another new Hijrah year is fast approaching.

Time of the year to reflect and count our blessings.

What is on your faith wishlist?
 
What do you wish to learn, or practice in your faith journey towards God?
 
Mine is quite simple, and if I may share this list with you (even better if some of you can share and guide me along, much appreciated!):
 
1. Re-attend sekolah pondok for fardhu ain classes. Solat remains one of my biggest struggles, On a lighter note: I trip over my prayer robes much less now but is still not fluent in my solat recitation. Supplications in English is not a problem though.
 
Fardhu ain (individual duty) means the responsibility of each individual - shahadah, prayer, fasting, zakat, hajj, etc. while fardhu kifayah (collective duty) means the responsibility of the whole community.
 
2. Learn to read Arabic so that I can read the Al-Quran in Arabic, with its original text and context.
 
Surah 96 Ayat 1 to 5 which is the first revelation in the Al-Quran states, "Read: In the name of your Lord who creates, creates man from a clot. And your Lord is the most bounteous, Who teaches by the pen, teaches man that which he knew not."
 
3. Re-read and re-complete the English translation of the Al-Quran with full comprehension for better and refreshed understanding. 
 
Hmmh, simple wishlist but seemingly tough to achieve. I'd better get started, for it is so true in Surah 20 Ayat 114: "Oh my Lord! Grant me increase in knowledge."

Amin!

0 comments:

Post a Comment