Pages

Thursday 20 September 2012

Retrospective Wisdom: Week 8

"Your baby is nearly a centimetre long CRL. This is when the gonads become specifically testes or ovaries. Last week, fingers were big; this week it's toes. In addition to toes, your baby's bones are beginning to harden in spots, known as ossification. Your baby is starting to develop elbows.

One of the most thrilling developments this week is that spontaneous movement begins. This means that your baby is beginning to use the joints and will try to wave, kick and flip. An ultrasound now reveals quite the little acrobat even when you can't feel all that is going on inside your body - a very odd sensation indeed." - excerpt from The Complete Illustrated Pregnancy Companion by Robin Elise Weiss with Dr. Marcello Pietrantoni.

I was "happy" because this was going to be the last week at work. I spent my 09.09.09 being freed from employment! Alas, my inner peace and happiness did not match my outward suffering as I was still at PukeFest.

The only time I could keep food down was between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. From 2 p.m. till 9 a.m the following morning was just plain misery. Z had to rub my back in an upward motion only to assist me in bringing up the food because without the rubs, I would gag and choke in my own vomit! It was certainly a disgusting experience and one where you can test your spouse's loyalty *Z passed with flying colours*

Besides that, I could hardly sleep through the night without trips to the toilet to empty my bladder. My only comfortable sleeping position was the "three quarter sit up" with lots of pillows to support my back. Occasionally, heartburn would rule the night. and I had to resort to solving crossword puzzles to distract myself. Needless to say, I had to catch up on sleep during the day time whenever I could.

Food I could eat were limited to Jacob's Weetameal crackers, warm ginger drink, hot chicken soup (boiled with red dates and ginger only). Amazingly, I could eat whatever I was craving for without throwing up at any time of the day (sambal petai and shrimps with plain rice or Whopper Jr. from Burger King - so not the food to eat during pregnancy!!).

My nipples started to dry and crack from all the stretching and growing with veins looking more apparent - a good sign for breastfeeding, perhaps? I bought larger bras and nipple soothing cream to cope with the rapid growth. My waist started to disappear too and pregnancy pants with adjustable waistband really helped.

Did I feel pregnant?

Not really. I only felt mostly sick!

Did I look pregnant?

No! I looked like I overate! Z was very comforting when he said "Big is beautiful, darling!"
Measurements taken by Dr. Haris Hamzah on 4 September 2009:
CRL: 16.1 milimetres

**Retrospective Wisdom: Virgin Coconut Oil, Bio Oil etc. all worked beautifully for me. I started applying those diligently after every shower early on in the pregnancy and now have relatively little stretch marks!**

0 comments:

Post a Comment