Pages

Tuesday 11 September 2012

Retrospective Wisdom: Week 37, the penultimate

" blah blah blah" so the pregnancy book that I have been reading goes.

"Your baby is nearing his or her final birth weight and getting ready to be born. You may feel like the baby is moving around a lot, though not with large movements. Your baby is looking for the path of least resistance to be born most easily. Your baby is more than 46 cm long." - excerpt from The Complete Illustrated Pregnancy Companion by Robin Elise Weiss with Dr. Marcello Pietrantoni.

28 March 2010

Nesting instinct was very strong when we were at The Apartment. I did what I could but decided to rest from 5.30 pm to 6.30 pm before our drive home to The House. My bestie had come by to pick up some stuffs as I had just cleaned out the closet and had so much to donate/give away. We sat down for an afternoon cuppa mint tea and chat before she left at 2 pm. Monica being Monica, she insisted that I rest after I told her about the achy PMS feeling. My bowels had returned to regular/loose the past 3 days and this is supposed to be one of the pre-labour signs too.

She hugged the belly and told The Little Girl not to pop out just yet. 3 more weeks to EDD. Monica was going to Singapore for business trip and prayed that The Little Girl will not pop out during that period either!

Braxton-Hicks were normal for the rest of the day. Z and I went to The Gardens for dinner and I had Laksam with Iced Bandung at Belanga Cafe. We had to walk very slowly to the car park with our groceries as the elevator was down (some people are blind, "they" cannot see that a very pregnant woman and other families with strollers and young toddlers need the lift more than they do. By "they" I mean strong, healthy and able bodied persons carrying nothing heavy but plain lazy and do not like walking in a mall!!) Question: If they do not like walking, why do they go to the mall, but I digress...

When we exit the car park, it was raining cats and dogs. Instead of braving on, Z decided to take shelter at Bangsar.

Back at The House at supper time, I asked my MIL if she remembers having PMS cramps before labour started but she laughed hard citing the fact that it was too long ago to really recall. With that, we said good night and exchanged our usual pecks before going to bed. She warned The Little Girl not to pop out just yet as Grandma was going to get new curtains for the family den, have new sofa and TV bench delivered, attend a wedding on the 11th of April. She asked Lil Girl to be punctual on 15th of April as Granddad has a business trip to Perth, Australia coming up on 29th of April.

As it was a Sunday night, Z was going back to the office the following day, we went to sleep by 11 p.m. after I had packed the final version of the hospital bags and lined my side of the bed with waterproof lining, just in case.

zzzZZZzzz

Then at 1.40 am, (you know the rest of the story!)
 
**Retrospective Wisdom: EDD is just a guide, Allah knows best.**

0 comments:

Post a Comment