Pages

Sunday 16 September 2012

Retrospective Wisdom: Week 16

"You are not the only one going to the bathroom every hour. Your baby's bladder fills and empties about once an hour from this point. This is good practice for your baby's kidneys. Sometimes via an ultrasound if you catch your baby at the right time, you can even witness this. Around now, sometimes ultrasound can begin to hazard a guess as to whether your baby is a girl or a boy. However, there are more mistakes earlier, so take a guess now with a grain of salt.

Your baby still only weight about 85 grams and is over 15 centimetres long. His or her features are becoming more babyish. One good example is that the eyes and ears are assuming a more normal placement. Your baby also has complete fingernails at this point." - excerpt from The Complete Illustrated Pregnancy Companion by Robin Elise Weiss with Dr. Marcello Pietrantoni.

What was flutter before became more clear to me as kicks and it was a joy to feel these movements! Everytime I laid down on my left side and felt relaxed, I could feel them. Z could not really feel them yet so it became almost an exclusive experience, albeit slightly unfair to the eager daddy-to-be.

My food cravings list by now included (greasy and spicy food which I usually avoid *gasp*) Burger King's Whopper Jr., pisang emas, keropok lekor, tempura ebi, curry laksa, sambal petai udang, chocolates, acar awak and sambal udang. It was a weird sensation of obsessing over a particular type of food and once my craving had been satisfied, I never thought of it again.

Body size wise, I was definitely bigger and clumsier. I once slipped in the bathroom at The Apartment while trying to clean it and resolved not to "endanger" myself and the baby in such a manner again (Z had to take over the chores of cleaning in wet areas).

The headaches that were bugging me earlier have disappeared and I was beginning to feel better with less nausea. The throwing up count reduced from all day affair to merely a few times per week, hooray!
 
**Retrospective Wisdom: Rest, rest and rest! Enlist extra domestic helpers if you need to.**

0 comments:

Post a Comment