Pages

Tuesday 18 September 2012

Retrospective Wisdom: Week 11

"At this stage of development, the baby's head is approximately half the size of his or her body. This is very normal. at the time of birth, your newborn's head will still be a good portion of the body because of the brain growth going on.

Your baby is continuing to grow this week, now weighing in at about seven grams, which is the equivalent to seven paper clips. It's hard to imagine something so tiny having all the parts your baby has. This week we add finger nails to the list. Your baby will also spend some time this week developing the iris, the coloured portion of the eyes that controls light intake. Your baby's eye colour is genetically determined, although it can be hard to tell what colour it will be at birth, as it takes time for it to develop.

If you were to have a pre-natal appointment this week, you would most likely be able to hear your baby's heartbeat with a Doppler." - excerpt from The Complete Illustrated Pregnancy Companion by Robin Elise Weiss with Dr. Marcello Pietrantoni.

This was the week Mama and I started to plan out the simple birthday celebrations at home for Dada. It will also mark their 40th wedding anniversary the following week. The plans were limited by the types of food and drink I can consume (without throwing up) so we chose homemade steamboat seafood.
 
My bladder was also affected by the pregnancy and frequent trips to the toilet discouraged me from staying out for too long. All I could think of was "Home sweet home!". Daily naps were averagely from 2.30 p.m. to 4.30 p.m. and on some days I felt so lethargic/tired I would go to bed at 8.30 p.m. and only rise the following morning at 8.30 a.m. All my waking hours were spent either trying to eat or cleaning up after vomitting. Nausea ruled the rest of the day...but I consoled myself that this could only last 40 weeks at worst!
 
**Retrospective Wisdom: Keeping clean sinks and toilet bowls are compulsory if you as going through "morning sickness" (which in my case was 24/7 sickness). If public toilets aggravate your sickness, avoid visiting them. **

0 comments:

Post a Comment