Pages

Sunday 9 September 2012

Retrospective Wisdom: Homemade Char Koay Teow

Here's what I did in 2007 (single and had a lot of time on weekends!)

"I have been given a shopping list for the dinner (that I am about to learn to make from my bestie then) so that I can cook this dish and I cannot be more excited! So here goes:

1.Fresh skinny koay teow from Taman Tun Dr. Ismail market.

2. Cockles.

3. Bean sprouts.

4. Fish cakes.

5. Eggs.

6. Light soya sauce.

7. Garlic.

8. Cooking oil.

Oh dear..have I left anything out? I thought I had 10 items on the list..."

**Retrospective Wisdom: I slaved shopped for all the ingredients, cleaned and cooked 3 plates of char koay teow by myself for my bestie and I? Crazy woman - I was told to cook by feel and agak-agak measurements. The Little Penang Cafe does a better job, any day - but I have discovered today that I am sickened by oily food so ordering this dish is also out of the question now. I do not eat Char Koay Teow in Penang Island as they all contain lard.

Note: I only cook using precise measurements now, I have no time for trial and errors/ time consuming and costly mistakes!**


0 comments:

Post a Comment